As one of the key pillars of the IIS program, the study abroad period provides IIS students with valuable insights into the culture and university system of another country. IIS students are required to spend at least one semester abroad, either in form of an exchange semester at a foreign university or by doing their Master thesis abroad.
By offering different forms of going abroad, the IIS program offers students a great degree of flexibility regarding time, place and the type of study abroad period. The process of planning and organizing the study abroad period can be challenging due to the many options offered and the diversity of potential host countries. The attached document serves as a guide to help students manage this challenge.
- Going abroad guide (PDF, v0.7, 03 Nov 2015)
- FAQ and example of WISO Learning Agreements (not Erasmus) - especially for IIS students from entry WS2014/2015 (PDF, May 2015)
- Newsletter and social media
- Internships abroad
The Accreditation Process > Information:
- Official Overview (WiWiQ-Portal): Anerkennung von Prüfungsleistungen
- Accreditation Process: Visual Overview (PDF)
- Leitfaden zur Anerkennung von Studienleistungen (Kurzfassung) (PDF, WiWiQ-Portal)
- Leitfaden zur Anerkennung von Studienleistungen (Detailfassung) (PDF, WiWiQ-Portal)
The Accreditation Process > Forms:
- Exchange Agreement Database of FAU
- WISO Interntional Relations Office
- Technical Faculty International Office
A stay abroad definitely means a personality development for each IIS-Student. If you are successfully logged in to StudOn as a current student have a look here to see which amazing storys our previous outgoers have to tell.